As a full-service dental lab, Peebles Prosthetics also has you covered for your digital needs. Our CAD/CAM department provides a wide array of products and capabilities. With on-site designing, milling, and printing, our team has the capability to assist you from case conception thru delivery.
If you are new to the world of digital dentistry, or you are looking to expand your product offering, we can help every step of the way. Peebles works directly with preferred IOS partners to deliver the best digital scans and can assist in producing effective results from an all-digital workflow.
With recent updates in technology, intraoral scanners are producing more accurate models than ever before with instant feedback of quality. Peebles Prosthetics is well versed with all aspects of digital dental design, and can work with you to create an efficient and more time sensitive case for your patient. As traditional impressions will always have their place in a dental lab, our team can work to take a traditional impression, and seamlessly transition to a digital case.
The Peebles CAD/CAM department is able to receive files directly from major scanners through their specific portals, we can accept any STL file via email at CAD@peeblesdentallab.com, or via Dropbox.
Some capabilities of our CAD/CAM Department
Tips to ensure a successful scan
- Correctly retracting tissue enables good scanning of the margin
- Intra-Oral scanners only scan what is visible to the eye
- Two-cord retraction is best
- Dry the teeth using compressed air
- Pay special attention to the interproximal areas. Especially deep interproximal preps
- Ensure the scanner wand is clean and dry
- Scan a minimum of 4 opposing teeth
- On the prepped arch scan the full quadrant. Or at least two adjacent teeth to the mesial and distal of the prepped site.
- When scanning anterior teeth scan all anterior teeth so the new restoration can be adapted to existing dentition.
- If possible, provide a pre-op on anterior scans.
- Do not submit a scan with voids or missing data